EGAP's Learning Days workshops aim to build experimental social science research capacity among principal investigators (PIs) in the Global South. The Learning Days workshops offer a combination of design clinics, research presentations, guided work with statistical analysis software, and topical lectures.
Typically, sessions have covered topics such as randomization, causal inference, hypothesis testing and more--all with the purpose of supporting participants as they develop their own research designs throughout the week. By sharing rigorous research methods with workshop participants, the Learning Days serve to identify and build researcher networks in the Global South, as well as create productive connections between EGAP members and researchers around the world.
EGAP typically partners with local academics or institutions to plan each event. Coordination, instruction, and oversight for the Learning Days are provided by EGAP's Trainings Director as well as various EGAP members and staff. For agendas or other information from previous Learning Days, or to inquire about future workshops, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learning Days 11: Benin. Design Development Workshop for PIs
- Learning Days 10: Bogotá. Design Development Workshop for PIs
Previous Learning Days Workshops
- Learning Days 9: Montevideo. Design Development Workshop for PIs
- Learning Days 8: Abu Dhabi. Design Development Workshop for PIs (2018)
- Learning Days 7: Guatemala. Mercy Corps/EGAP Convivimos Workshop
- Learning Days 6: Malawi. Design Development Workshop for PIs
- Learning Days 5: Abu Dhabi. Design Development Workshop for PIs (2017)
- Learning Days 4: Chile. Design Development Workshop for PIs
- SGD16 Learning Day
- Learning Days 3: Ghana. Design Development Workshop for PIs
- Learning Days 2: Evaluation and Learning that Adds Up
- EGAP-DFID Day of Learning July 2014
Learning Days Resources