EGAP’s meeting reimbursement policy accommodates as many participants as possible, equitably and within our budget. EGAP offers tiered reimbursements to meeting attendees to cover:
- Economy class flights and train tickets
- Other transportation such as taxis and Uber/Lyft
- Hotels/Airbnbs or similar accommodations (equivalent to or below the official meeting hotel rate when EGAP is covering 100% of expenses)
- Meals (excluding alcohol) that are required during a trip
Non-members will be reimbursed at the same rates as members.
Reimbursement rates will vary based on:
- Financial availability
- A meeting’s geographical location
- Whether travel is across continents or within continents
Global South-based members and non-members will be reimbursed for 100% of their expenses, and additional funding will be available for individuals in leadership roles (e.g., Priority Theme Steering Committee members). If you have extenuating circumstances that you would like to discuss, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you are able to forego or reduce your reimbursement request using your own supplemental research or meeting funds, this will be much appreciated. These funds will help sponsor Global South scholars to participate in EGAP meetings.