Call for Applications - Postdoctoral Fellowship at EGAP
Evidence in Governance and Politics (EGAP)
Job Description – Post-Doctoral Fellow
EGAP is a cross-disciplinary network of researchers and practitioners that is united by a focus on experimental research and is dedicated to generating and disseminating rigorous evidence on topics of governance, politics, and institutions. We seek to forge partnerships between researchers and practitioners committed to understanding the politics of global development, advance evidence-based policy making, and improve the quality of empirical research in the social sciences. EGAP members are designing and implementing field experiments throughout the world. From impact evaluations of anti- poverty projects in developing countries, to get out the vote campaigns for national elections in the U.S., to anti-corruption campaigns in Brazil, our work addresses today’s most important questions in the field of government and politics. Results from research are shared with policy makers and development agencies through regular policy fora, biannual meetings, and policy briefs.
This Post-Doctoral Fellowship will last two years; the expected start date will be July 1, 2018. EGAP is based at the University of California, Berkeley.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will be expected to work approximately 15 hours per week on EGAP projects, likely to include:
- Support technical aspects of metaketa clusters (each containing six studies)
- Support the drafting of metaketa meta-analyses
- Draft methods guides
- Support Learning Days workshops, experimental methods trainings for future PIs based in the Global South
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Economics, or Statistics; completed prior to joining EGAP
- Research methods training required; experience working on or managing randomized control trials strongly preferred
- R proficiency is strongly preferred
- Experience working with civil society organizations preferred
- Personable; detail-oriented; and diplomatic
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20%
To apply, please submit to Admin@e-gap.org. The subject line of the email should be “EGAP Post-Doc Applications: NAME”. Your application should include:
- One writing sample (single authored; demonstrates both research interests and technical skills)
- Names of three references (letters are not required at this stage)
- PhD must have been deposited by the start date
Deadline is March 15, 2018. Finalists will then be contacted for an interview.